What Is Brown Iron Oxide
Brown iron oxide is a pigment composed of red iron oxide and yellow iron oxide, a small amount of black iron oxide can be added if needed. Depending on the production process, the color phase can be yellow brown, red brown, black brown, etc… Because the dispersion is roughly the same, they can be mixed evenly. It has the characteristics of iron oxide red and yellow iron oxide pigment, such as the strong coloring and covering power, and the functions of heat resistance, alkali resistance, acid resistance. Of course, it also has the same applications as most iron oxide pigments.
|Item||Unit||Index Value||Test Method|
|Res.on 325 mesh||%||≤0.3||ISO787-7|
|Water soluble salts||%||≤0.5||ISO787-3|
|Particle size BET||µm||Irregular||Eletron Micrographs|
|Tinting Strength(Compared with Standard)||%||95-105||ISO787-24|
|Color Difference ΔE (Compared with Standard)||≤1.0||ISO787-1|
Dilute Color（TiO2: brown iron oxide=5:1）
|Iron Oxide Brown 610|
663 Iron Oxide Brown
Iron Oxide Brown 686
How Is It Made
- Ferrous sulfate oxidation method. Ferrous sulfate reacted with soda ash, after washing, filtering, drying, crushing and mixing, the chemical is prepared.
- Mechanical mixing method. It is made of iron oxide red, yellow and black through mechanical mixing.
- An energy-saving and environment-friendly preparation method. First, add the mother liquor of iron oxide red and iron oxide yellow to the oxidation barrel, which can turn waste into treasure and improve resource utilization. Then add polymer composite alkali solid to water to prepare saturated solution. Third, pour air into the oxidation tank, add the prepared polymer composite alkali saturated solution. Make the PH value of the solution be 7.5 to 13, and perform oxidation reaction for 2 to 5 hours to obtain a mixture. Finally, the obtained mixture is filtered, rinsed, dried and crushed to obtain brown iron oxide pigment.
- A liquid phase low heavy metal iron oxide brown. Add the purified ferrous sulfate solution to the pressure reactor. Pour nitrogen into the reactor to drive out the remaining air in the reactor and then fill the remaining space of the reactor. Then close all valves of the reactor, heat the reactor and turn on the stirring at the same time. Third, use a pressure pump to inject lye with the same concentration. Turn on the stirring, continue to raise the temperature. When the temperature rises to 90℃- 120℃, heat preservation is performed. After the heat preservation is completed, use cold circulating water to quickly cool to room temperature, open the valve, rinse the brown slurry, press filter, dry and crush to get the finished product.
What Are Applications of Brown Iron Oxide
As a pigment, it is widely used for the coloring of paint, ink, shoe powder, building material, rubber, plastic and other products.
Know the raw material composition of the product from the production process of iron oxide brown, so as to determine the performance structure of the product and which industries it can be used. In order to ensure the safety of product operation, the storage and uses must be carried out in strict accordance with the specified operating requirements to avoid accidents and threats to operators.
What Are Advantages of Brown Iron Oxide in Chemate
- High coloring power and hiding power
- Excellent light resistance, weather resistance and high temperature resistance.
- Strong coloring force and good dispersivity.
- High purity, high saturation, high tinting power