Sodium Naphthalene Sulfonate Description
Sodium Naphthalene Sulfonate is also known as many other names, such as, naphthalene sulfonate, sulphonate formaldehyde, poly naphthalene sulfonate formaldehyde condensate, naphthalene sulfonic acid formaldehyde, Na naphthalene sulphonate formaldehyde, Na naphthalene sulfonate formaldehyde, as well as SNF/PNS/FND/NSF. Naphthalene sulfonate, a derivative of sulfonic acid containing naphthalene functional unit, is a naphthalene series super plasticizer with strong dispersing effect on cement particles. SNF superplasticizer has a good effect on the preparation of large-fluid concrete, and has obvious effects on cast-in-place concrete and prefabricated components with early strength and high strength requirements. It can comprehensively improve various properties of concrete.
Technical Specifications of Naphthalene Sulfonate NSF for Sale in Our Company
|Solid Content (%) ≥||92||92||92|
|Na2SO4 Content (%)≤||5||10||18|
|Chlorine Content (%)≤||0.3||0.4||0.5|
|Net Starch Fluidity(mm)≥||250||240||230|
|Max Water Reducing Rate(%)||26||25||23|
|Packing||25kg pp bag; 650kg Jumbo bag. Customized package available.|
Performance Characteristics of Poly Naphthalene Sulfonate
- When the concrete strength and slump are basically the same, the amount of cement can be reduced by 10%-25%.
- It can increase the early strength of concrete by 50% or 75%. According to its chemical reaction, the initial setting time can be advanced by one hour or delayed by one hour.
- When the water-cement ratio remains unchanged, the initial slump of the concrete can be increased by more than 10cm, and the water reduction rate can reach 15%-25%.
- Poly Naphthalene Sulfonate (PNS)has a significant enhancement effect on concrete, and its strength can be increased by 20%-60%.
- Sodium naphthalene sulfonatecan improve the workability of concrete and comprehensively improve the physical and mechanical properties of concrete.
- Naphthalene formaldehyde sulfonatewater reducing admixture has good adaptability to various cements and good compatibility with other types of concrete admixtures.
- The use of super plasticizer won’t significantly affect the surface tension of water, nor will it entrain a large amount of air.
- It has good adaptability and is suitable for various cements. SNF superplasticizer is particularly suitable for use in the following concrete projects: liquid concrete, plasticized concrete, steam-cured concrete, impermeable concrete, waterproof concrete, natural-cured precast concrete, reinforced and prestressed reinforced concrete, high-strength concrete.
- It has no corrosive effect on steel bars, non-toxic and non-pollution.
- Its high-purity characteristics make cement particles have high and low foaming properties, high-range water reduction and strengthening effects.
- SNF powder has good adaptability to steam curing, which can shorten the curing time, lower the curing temperature, save energy, improve the output and quality.
- After the concrete is mixed with FDN, its freeze-thaw properties are significantly enhanced, the impermeability and durability of the concrete are improved, the shrinkage of the concrete is reduced, and there is no adverse effect on the carbonization of concrete.
- In addition, it also improves the fluidity and workability of cement.
Sodium Naphthalene Sulfonate Uses
- SNF powder is widely used in the construction industry to prepare free-flowing and pumpable concrete mixtures, also can be used as a raw material for composite accelerator, antifreeze and retarder in different construction industries.
- It can be used to improve the rheological and mechanical properties of concrete. For example, by dispersing cement particles and destroying cement agglomerates, the use of water is reduced, the water-cement ratio is reduced by up to 30%, which is especially necessary in the case of high-strength concrete.
- Used in the prestressed components and high-range concrete for the construction of highways, bridges, tunnels, water conservancy and hydropower projects, ports, wharves, skyscrapers, power engineering, industrial and civil buildings.
- Suitable for many concretes. Including high-strength concrete, high-performance concrete, steamed concrete, large-fluid concrete, pumped concrete, etc.
- It is also widely used in agriculture, plastics, rubber, papermaking, construction, textile, petroleum and other industries.
How to Use Sodium Naphthalene Sulfonate
- When using porous aggregate, it is advisable to add water and stir first, then add naphthalene sulfonate formaldehyde water reducing agent.
- When the slump is large, the vibrating time should not be too long to prevent bleeding and stratification.
- It can be used after being formulated into a solution of the required concentration.
- SNF powder can be used directly, or it can be added after the cement aggregate is fully moistened with 60% mixing water.
- The sulphonated naphthalene formaldehyde superplasticizer has good adaptability with other concrete chemical admixtures. It can be widely used as the composition of composite additives, and compounded into special functional additives, such as pumping agent, waterproofing agents, air-entraining water reducer admixtures, antifreeze agent, etc.
The naphthalene sulfonate for sale in our company includes SNF-A, SNF-B, SNF-C with different Na2SO4 content.
- Increasing the content of Na2SO4 in the concrete naphthalene superplasticizer can improve the fluidity of the cement paste, increase the compressive and flexural strength of the concrete, the resistance to chloride ion penetration, and the resistance to carbonization. But it will adversely affect the shrinkage and deformation properties of concrete.
- With the increase of sodium sulfate content in naphthalene-based water reducing agent, the corresponding dispersibility will decrease, and the compressive strength of concrete at different ages will decrease.
- Excessive incorporation of Na2SO4 will increase the alkali content in the concrete, accelerate the hydration, hardening and water loss in the cement paste, generate greater restraint stress and weaken the crack resistance. The incorporation of sodium sulfate will accelerate the hydration rate of cement, release a large amount of heat of hydration quickly and concentratedly, which leads to an increase in internal temperature, causes greater temperature stress and cracks.
- The content of Na2SO4 within a certain range(3%-19%) can improve the fluidity of the cement paste. If it exceeds this range, the fluidity will drop sharply.
- Under the premise of a certain amount of water reducing agent, adding sodium sulfate can increase the early strength of concrete, but the strength growth rate after 28d will decrease.
- As the content of sodium sulfate increases, the early drying shrinkage of concrete increases significantly. At 28d, the effect of sodium sulfate content on the drying shrinkage of concrete varies. Among them, when the Na2SO4 content is 10%, the drying shrinkage value of concrete reaches the maximum.
- The cracking property of concrete gradually increases with the increase of Na2SO4 content, and the crack width shows an increasing trend.
- When the Na2SO4 content is increased in a lower range, the ability of concrete to resist carbonization and chloride ion penetration can be improved.
About Sodium Naphthalene Sulfonate supplier - Chemate
- More than 15 years of export experience. We can make the business become professional & simple & easy.
- Quality guaranteed. ISO/BV/SGS can ensure the qualified products and traceability.
- Excellent Service. Our sales Managers can customize the order for your specific market and help you save cost.
- Timely Response. All the feedback from customers will be treated seriously and promptly. Inquiry us for sodium naphthalene sulfonate SNF price now.