What Is Polyester Chips Textile Grade
PET chips used in textile industry is its largest application area in the world. Polyester chips textile grade are suitable for spinning various polyester staple fibers and filaments, making various apparel fabrics, cords and woven paper filters, etc. In its most stable state, PET chips is a colorless, semi-crystalline resin, and crystallizes slowly compared to other semi-crystalline. Because of the characteristic of easy stretch, it can be widely used in the production of fibers and films. Polyester chips for different applications require different degrees of polymerization, which can be obtained by changing the process conditions. You need to know the following characteristics to buy high-quality fiber grade PET chips.
PET Chips Textile Grade Specification
|Luster||Intrinsic Viscosity (dl/g)||Color L Value||Color B Value||Melting Point ℃||DEG %||Tio2 Content %|
|Super Bright(SB)||0.640 ± 0.020||53.0 ± 3.0||1.5 ± 1.5||251.0 ± 2.0||1.45 ± 0.2||——|
|Semi Dull (SD)||0.640 ± 0.010||75.0 ± 2.0||1.3 ± 1.0||257.0 ± 2.0||1.36 ± 0.10||0.33 ± 0.05|
|Cationic Dyeable(CD)||0.520 ± 0.020||64.0 ± 3.0||2.8 ± 2.0||242.0 ± 3.0||3.50 ± 0.50||0.10 ± 0.05|
|Flame Retardant(FR)||0.690 ± 0.020||62.5 ± 4||4.2 ± 3.0||238.5 ± 3.0||3.30 ± 0.70||0.60 ± 0.10|
What the classifications of Textile Grade PET Chips
- According to the content of the matting agent TiO2, textile grade PET chips can be divided into super bright(SB), semi dull(SD), full dull(FD) fiber grade PET chips.
- Cationic polyester chips, transparent or yellowish particles with uniform particles.
- Flame retardant polyester chips. The copolymerized flame retardant chip obtained by adding phosphorus-based flame retardant. The fiber produced has ideal heat resistance and flame retardant properties.
- Super absorbent polyester chips, made by adding specific additives, pore formers.
- Fluorescently whitened polyester sections. During the synthesis of PET resin, fluorescent whitening agent was added to make it evenly dispersed in the resin, and the obtained slices had significant fluorescence. In fiber products, it can improve the whiteness of natural fabrics or the vividness of colored fabrics.
- Far infrared PET chips. In the process of PET fiber grade, ceramic powder with the special function of emitting far-infrared rays is added. The fiber made has the functions of good heat storage and heat preservation.
Know More About PET Chips Textile Grade
- Intrinsic viscosity. It can not only correctly evaluate the quality of polyester chips, but also provide an important basis for formulating spinning process conditions. The intrinsic viscosity is too low, the molecular weight of polyester is small, and the spinning process is difficult to stretch, even not spinnable. If the viscosity is too high, the tensile stress is too large during stretching, and the macromolecules are not oriented well. So the intrinsic viscosity has effects on the running stability of the spinning, the evenness of filaments and the uniformity of dyeing. Therefore, ensuring the stability of intrinsic viscosity is of great help to improve the quality of spinning.
- Chroma is the most intuitive indicator to reflect the quality of slices, and to a certain extent affects the spinnability of polyester products, the chroma of fibers and color of fabrics. Whether it is the influence of external chromaticity or the yellowing of polyester chromaticity caused by internal quality, the chromaticity of the fiber will be yellowed and the appearance of the fiber will be affected. In particular, the chromaticity turns yellow and gray due to degradation or metal catalyst ions, which can easily increase the viscosity drop during the spinning process, resulting in fluctuations in spinning production.
- Content of Titanium dioxide. Choose the appropriate model according to your requirements.
- Iron content. If the iron content is high, the ash content is also high, which easily affects the color and quality of the fiber. The level of ash content not only affects the service life of the filter in the device and the stability of production, but also affects the service life of the melt filter in the spinning device. When the blockage of components is serious, it will affect the continuity of spinning production, resulting in an increase in broken filaments.
Filament grade PET chips is a linear saturated polyester, thermoplastic polymer material. Its melt has excellent fiber-forming properties. Its fiber fabric has excellent wearing properties such as wrinkle resistance, stiffness, etc. PET Textile grade has high breaking strength and elastic modulus, excellent thermal stability, good resilience, excellent heat resistance and light resistance, which is an ideal fiber.
- Store in a cool, dry and ventilated place.
- Stacked according to different varieties, batch numbers and grades.
- In the process of storage and transportation, it should be moistured-proof, dust-proof, sun-proof, and mechanical-impact-proof.
- It is strictly forbidden to stack in the open air.