What Is Sodium Hexametaphosphate SHMP Chemical
- CAS NO.: 10124-56-8
- HS Code: 28353919
- EINECS No. : 233-343-1
- Molecular Formular: (NaPO3)6
Sodium hexametaphosphate, with the chemical formula of (NaPO3)6, is a collection of sodium polyphosphate polymers based on repeating NaPO units. It is a water-soluble polyphosphate glass composed of circulating polyphosphate chains. SHMP chemical sold on the market is usually divided into food grade and industrial grade sodium hexametaphosphate based on the use. Contact us for quotation of SHMP 68% for sale in our compant now.
Technical Specifications of Sodium Hexametaphosphate SHMP 68%
|Total phosphate, as P2O5 % ≥
|Inactive phosphate, as P2O5 % ≤
|Iron, as Fe % ≤
|Ph value (1% solution) % ≤
|Water insoluble % ≤
|Heavy metals, as Pb % ≤
|Arsenic, as As % ≤
|Fluoride as F % ≤
What Are Applications of Sodium Hexametaphosphate
Industrial grade sodium hexametaphosphate is mainly used in the manufacture of water treatment agent, corrosion inhibitor, metal surface treatment agent, cement hardening accelerator, coated paper slurry diffusing agent. It can also be used in oil drilling field. Food grade sodium hexametaphosphate is mainly used as quality improver, integration agent, fermentation leavening agent, PH value adjuster in food processing field.
- SHMP chemical is an important industrial raw material for water treatment, because it is easily soluble in water. The aqueous solution is alkaline and the PH value of 1% aqueous solution is 9.7. It has a good ability to complex metal ions and form soluble complexes. Sodium hexametaphosphate is gradually hydrolyzed into phosphite in the water. But the operating conditions of the circulating water system are relatively harsh, a single phosphate can’t meet the demand. At present, people usually combine two or more agents with corrosion and scale inhibitors to use.
- As corrosion inhibitor and pre-filming agent. It can chelate with divalent metal ions in water to form a thin and dense anti-corrosion film. Meanwhile, it has the characteristics of fast film formation, good film replenishment effect, low toxicity and no pollution.
- Applications in detergent builders and other water treatment fields. Sodium hexametaphosphate has a very strong complex and scale inhibition ability for metal ions, especially for alkaline earth metal ions, such as calcium and magnesium. Therefore, it can prevent the iron and manganese dissolved in the water from oxidizing to make the water red and black, prevent the precipitation of calcium and magnesium ions to form scale and reduce the heat transfer efficiency.
- In food industries, SHMP chemical can be used as food quality improver, PH adjuster, metal iron chalating agent, adhesive and expansion agent.
- Used in meat products, fish sausages, ham, it can improve the water holding capacity, enhance adhesion, prevent fat oxidation.
- Used in soy sauce and soybean paste, it can prevent discoloration, increase viscosity, shorten fermentation period and adjust taste.
- Used in fruit drinks and refreshing drinks, it can increase the juice yield and viscosity, as well as inhibit the decomposition of vitamin C.
- Used in ice cream, it can increase the expansion capacity and volume, enhance the emulsification, prevent the paste from being damaged, improve the taste and color at the same time.
- Used in dairy products and beverages to prevent gel precipitation.
- Used in beer to clarify liquor and prevent turbidity.
- Used in beans, canned fruits and vegetables to stabilize natural pigments and maintain food color.
- Spraying on cured meat to improve anti-corrosion performance.
- Applications in mineral processing. As a commonly used inhibitor in flotation, sodium hexametaphosphate can help inhibit quartz and silicate minerals, as well as carbonate minerals, such as, calcite and limestone. It also acts as a dispersant in the flotation process, which can disperse the flotation ore slurry.
- Applications in oil field industry. As an additive for drilling mud, SHMP can avoid the precipitation of multivalent metal ions, improve the salt resistance of mud, reduce mud water loss. SHMP solution will form a thin film on the pipe wall to prevent corrosion of the pipe.
- Application in metallurgy and metal corrosion. Mixing some sodium hexametaphosphate and additives to repair the steel-making converter can greatly extend the life of converter. SHMP chelates with divalent metal irons to form a positively charged polyelectrolyte. And then it can form a dense, continuous film when it is adsorbed on the metal surface. The membrane can completely cover the corrosion micro-battery, reduce or prevent the corrosion current passing through and play a role of corrosion protection.
- Applications in the fiber industry. In the refining process, it can inhibit the formation of metal soap, make the gum in the raw cotton easy to remove and improve the refining efficiency. In the bleaching process, it can prevent the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide and reduce the loss of bleach to improve the bleaching efficiency. In dyeing, it can prevent the color of the dyed substance from changing, maintain the original color of the dye, prevent the occurrence of stains, poor hand feeling, white cloth yellowing and fiber strength reduction.
- In paper making industry, use SHMP chemical as a dispersant for steel paper coatings to disperse lead carbonate pigments.
Know More About SHMP Chemical
It is white granular crystal in appearance.
The relative density is 2.484, and the melting point is 616℃.
Soluble in water, insoluble in organic solvents. It is gradually hydrolyzed in water to form orthophosphate.
SHMP chemical has strong hygroscopicity and can form soluble complexes with metal ions such as calcium and magnesium.
When adding hexametaphosphate to water, it can make CaCO3 scale deposited.
When heated or raised in alkalinity, complex phosphates will inhibit precipitation.
Using yellow phosphorus as the raw material, and whether intermediate products are generated in the production process of shmp chemical as a sign, the production process can be divided into one-step and two-step method.
Using liquid yellow phosphorus as raw material, the molten sodium hexametaphosphate can be obtained by the combination and polymerization of liquid yellow phosphorus with soda ash at high temperature. Then the prepared molten shmp in the hearth flows directly into the cooling disc for quenching to obtain sodium hexametaphosphate product.
According to the intermediate product produced, it can be divided into sodium dihydrogen phosphate method, phosphorus pentoxide method, phosphorus anhydride method, ferrophosphorus method, etc.
Store in a cool, ventilated, dry, clean, non-toxic warehouse. It is strictly forbidden to store and transport together with toxic substances.
Hexametaphosphate is beneficial when boiler water naturally becomes more alkaline. Because it can reduce excess alkalinity by reducing it to acid orthophosphate in the boiler.
SHMP sodium hexametaphosphate generally performs well in the near-neutral PH value. Because phosphates can interfere with early crystal growth. As little as 2-4ppm of SHMP can inhibit scale formation in water with relatively high calcium content.
Sodium hexametaphosphate mainly plays a dispersing role in paint and can improve the fluidity of paint and coatings.
Sodium hexametaphosphate has a great influence on the dripping of coatings. With the increase of Tech grade SHMP, the dripping performance of the paint decreased rapidly.
When the content of SHMP chemical is 2%, the paint is thinner, but the flow is serious. When the content rises to about 6%, it has good effect. The dripping property of the paint is low. Meanwhile, the painted coating can maintain its inherent shape under the action of gravity to the extent, so as to achieve the balance with the dripping property.
The PH value of sodium hexametaphosphate is close to neutral. It can always for a complex with calcium ions in hard water, blocking the calcium ions, so as to achieve the purpose of soft water. Sodium hexametaphosphate water softener can extract calcium ions and magnesium ions from the insoluble precipitates that have been generated, and re-dissolve the precipitates.
The use of sodium hexametaphosphate and sodium tripolyphosphate in toothpaste can make it easier to separate the teeth and the pigment on their surface. And it can competitively bind calcium ions, which has a certain effect on preventing the formation of calculus and the deposition of pigments.
Legal food additives are harmless if they are added in accordance with food safety regulations. But if they are added illegally, they will be harmful.
Food grade sodium hexametaphosphate contains trace amounts of heavy metals, such as, lead and arsenic. It also contains a certain amount of fluoride. Low concentrations of fluoride can cause chronic poisoning and skeletal fluorosis, reduce calcium in bones, and lead to bone sclerosis and osteoporosis. However, these hazards are only possible in the case of long-term exposure.
About Sodium Hexametaphosphate Manufacturer & Supplier - Chemate
Sodium hexametaphosphate for sale in Chemate is produced using thermal phosphoric acid as raw material, which has the advantages of less impurities and high quality. In addition, we are the manufacturer with more than 15 years of production experience, as well as export experience. Factory directly sale, with no third party, the price is very competitive. Send us inquiry for sodium hexametaphosphate price now.