Trisodium Phosphate TSP Description
Trisoidum phosphate TSP is a white or colorless, granular or crystalline solid in appearance. It is highly-soluble and can produce an alkaline solution, the PH value of 1% aqueous solution is 11.5-12.1. But it is insoluble in ethanol.
Trisodium phosphate tsp is often partially hydrated and divided into anhydrous tsp(Na3PO4) and dodecahydrate tsp(Na3PO4.12H2O). TSP chemical is widely used as cleaning agent, builder, lubricant, food additive, stain remover and degreaser. Check the specifications of trisodium phosphate for sale in Chemate, inquiry us to tell us about your uses and more requirements, we will send you the best quotation quickly.
Technical Specifications of Trisodium Phosphate
|Main contents% ≥||98.0||98.0|
|Content (P2O5) ≥%||18.3||39.5|
|Sulfate as SO4 % ≤||0.5||0.5|
|Water insoluble% ≤||0.1||0.1|
|Chloride as Cl% ≤||0.4||0.4|
|As w/% ≤||0.005||0.005|
|Fe w/% ≤||0.01||0.01|
|Package||In double layer bags of 25 Kg or 50 Kg or 1000 Kg net.|
Uses of Trisodium Phosphate TSP
Trisodium Phosphate Uses In Food
- As food additive, TSP.12H2O can be used in dairy food, meat foods, baked goods, pasta foods, various beverages, candies, flavored foods, etc...
- It can be used as an emulsifier, nutrient supplement, quality improver in food processing.
- In meat foods, it has the functions of maintaining the water holding capacity of the meat and enhancing the binding force, so as to increase the loss of nutrient components in the meat and ensure the tender taste of the meat.
- It is the raw material for making edible alkali water of cooked wheatened food, also used in sugar refining and α-starch manufacturing.
- Used in the fermentation of flour products as strengthening agent and leavening agent.
- Used as quality improver, trisodium phosphate tsp has the function of increasing complexing metal ion, PH value, and ionic strength of food.
- Used as a detergent for food bottles, cans, etc...
Pay attention to choose food grade trisodium phosphate tsp and use it in accordance with the amount of food safety regulations.
Trisodium Phosphate TSP for Water Treatment
- It can be used as aluminum corrosion inhibitor in cleaning agent and steel corrosion inhibitor.
- It can react with calcium and magnesium salts in hard water to become insoluble calcium phosphate and magnesium phosphate salts. These phosphates are not sticky and won’t stick to the fabric like calcium and magnesium salts of soap.
- With penetrating and emulsifying effects, tsp chemical can increase the wetting ability of water and has a certain emulsifying effect, which is an excellent detergent for coating dirt on hard surfaces and metal surfaces.
- Used in boiler water treatment, tsp can interact with soluble calcium and magnesium salts that can easily form scales in water to generate insoluble Ca3(PO4)2 and Mg(PO4)2 and other deposits suspended in water, so that the boiler won’t scale. In addition, the excess trisodium phosphate can turn the build-up scale into soft and fall off. Therefore, the coal consumption of the boiler is saved, the safety of the boiler is maintained and the service life of the boiler is extended.
- Used as a scouring aid for cotton cloth. Adding and appropriate amount of trisodium phosphate powder to the cotton souring water can soften the hard water, improve the capillary effect of the fabric, prevent the burning in the souring liquid from being consumed by the hard water, and promote the scouring effect of the burning on the cotton cloth.
Trisodium phosphate for cleaning
Trisodium phosphate cleaner can remove the most serious stains, including mold, grease and soot. It can be mixed with hot water in a few minutes and plays a good role in cleaning stubborn and dirty areas of the home, including cleaning paint, soot in the range hood, mold behind the refrigerator and kitchen sink. As a cleaning products, it is composed of 75% to 80% tsp chemical and 20% to 25% sodium carbonate. Trisodium phosphate tsp is usually comes in the form of an odorless dry powder, which must be thoroughly mixed in hot water to form an almost clear solution, albeit somewhat cloudy. TSP chemical is an effective heavy-duty cleaner when used with a sponge or brush.
- Clean the mold. TSP can effectively remove mold in various places, it can also remove any stains caused by mold. After cleaning the mold and mildew spots, rinse the surface with water and let it dry.
- Application before painting. TSP cleaners are commonly used to clean walls and other surfaces before painting. It should be mixed with water and used only on these surface, preferably outside. After using trisodium phosphate cleaner, please rinse everything thoroughly, and then allow sufficient drying time before spraying. Since trisodium phosphate for cleaning can remove paint, it can also replace sandpaper.
- Clean the roof. It can be used to clean all types of roofs. Dilute the trisodium phosphate powder like nay other applications. When using TSP to clean the roof, please pay attention to the surrounding environment. If TSP contact with plants, it will damage or kill plants, for that phosphates is very strong and harmful to leaves.
- Removal of cement slurry. TSP chemical can be used to eliminate dry cement slurry. Although it can’t be used for cleaning grout, it can effectively remove old parts.
Trisodium phosphate degreaserUsed as degreaser, tsp can degrease, deluster and completely clean the walls before painting them. It can effectively remove and separate the gloss in oil-based coatings and open the pores of latex-based coatings. Using trisodium phosphate degreaser to clean walls is a useful step before painting, because it will provide a surface that is more suitable for applying paint layers.
- Used as water softener and detergent in chemical, textile, printing and dyeing, papermaking, power generation and other industries.
- Water softener in paper dyeing, PH buffering agent for adhesives used in the production of stain paper, fixing agent in printing and dyeing, mercerizing enhancer for fabrics, anti-brittle agent for thread making.
- Used as a reducing agent or bleaching agent in organic synthesis, such as the production of dyes and medicines. It is also the most suitable detergent for wood pulp.
- In the textile industry. Trisodium phosphate tsp can be used for reductive dyeing, reduction cleaning, printing and decolorization, as well as decontamination of silk, wool, nylon and other substances. Because it doesn’t contain heavy metals, the fabric with thick decontamination has bright colors and isn’t easy to fade.
- Used in metallurgical industry for chemical degreasing and decontamination.
- Used as an excellent accelerator in photographic developing solutions.
- Tooth cleaner and bottle detergent.
- Coagulant for rubber latex.
- Extraction phosphoric acid method. Add an appropriate amount of washing water to the extracted phosphoric acid obtained by the reaction of phosphate rock powder and sulfuric acid, dilute it until the phosphorus pentoxide content in the solution is 18% to 20%. Then heat it to 85℃, slowly add sodium carbonate solution under stirring to neutralize the reaction, make PH value be 8-8.4. Add the mother liquor of trisodium phosphate so that the content of phosphorus pentoxide in the solution is less than 12%. Keep the temperature for 15-20 minutes, then filter, evaporate and concentrate to 24℃-25℃. Add caustic soda to make the sodium-phosphorus ration reach 3.24 to 3.26. After cooling and crystallization, centrifugal separation and airflow drying, dodecahydrate trisodium phosphate is obtained.
- Thermal phosphoric acid process. Add thermal phopshoric acid to the reactor, and add liquid caustic soda slowly under stirring to neutralize the reaction to generate tsp. After cooling and crystallization, centrifugal separation and drying, obtain dodecahydrate trisodium phosphate tsp powder.
- Neutralization method. Dilute food grade phosphoric acid with ion-free water to a certain concentration and add it to a stirred reactor. Add food grade caustic soda solution slowly under stirring for neutralization reaction. Adjust N/P ratio to 3.24 to 3.26, then add decolorant, heavy metal removal agent, arsenic removal agent for solution purification, and filter to remove impurities. The filtrate is cooled and crystallized, centrifuged and dried to obtain dodecahydrate food grade tsp.