What Is Polycarboxylate Superplasticizer
Polycarboxylate superplasticizer is the third generation of high-performance superplasticizer developed after the common superplasticizer represented by wood calcium and the superplasticizer represented by naphthalene series. Polycarboxylic acid series high-performance water reducing agent is a kind of surface active agent whose molecular structure is carboxyl-containing graft copolymer. The molecular structure is comb-shaped, which is mainly obtained by the copolymerization of unsaturated monomers under the action of initiators. The main chain is polymerized by carboxyl-containing living monomers, and the side chain is composed of reactive monomers with functional function groups and the main link. It is formed by branch copolymerization, which has a high water reducing rate and makes the commercial concrete mixture have a good fluidity retention effect.
Polycarboxylate based superplasticizer is currently a high-efficiency water reducing agent with the highest scientific and technological content, the best application prospects, and the best comprehensive performance. PCE chemical is also a series of water reducing agents with excellent performance that integrates water reduction, slump retention, reinforcement, anti-shrinkage and environmental protection. It can completely solve the weakness of high-strength, high-performance concrete with the performance of high viscosity and poor construction performance.
Polycarboxylate Superplasticizer Specification
|PC (High Water Reduction)||PC (High Slump Retention )||PC-Powder|
|Appearance||Light Yellow Liquid||Clear Transparent Liquid||White Powder|
|Solid Content, %||50±1.0||50±1.0||98±1.0|
|Density (23℃) (kg/m3)||1.13±0.02||1.05-1.10||600±50|
|Chloride Content(by solid content), % ≤||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|Na2SO4 (by solid content), % ≤||4.0||4.0||4.0|
|Na2O+0.658K2O ( by solid content), % ≤||5.0||5.0||5.0|
|Formaldehyde content (by solid content)，% ≤||0.001||0.001||0.001|
|Solubility||Completely Soluble||Completely Soluble||Completely Soluble|
Excellent Performance of Polycarboxylate Concrete Admixtures
- Low dosage, high water reduction rate, small shrinkage.
- High water reduction rate. The water reduction rate can reach more than 25%, and the fluidity of the concrete can be greatly improved with the same amount of water added.
- High slump retention. Traditional polycarboxylic acid powder water-reducing agents will cause more or less damage to the carboxylic acid groups due to the high temperature in the spray drying process, which will reduce the slump retention performance after the liquid is converted into a solid. The polycarboxylate superplasticizer for sale in Chemate is produced by a special process, so that the carboxylic acid groups aren’t destroyed during the powder manufacturing process, thereby retaining the slump retention of the original liquid mother liquor.
- Good solubility and fast dissolution rate. Because of its uniform particles and large specific surface area, it can be quickly dissolved in the water dissolution process, and there are no obvious impurities after dissolution.
- Early strength and high strength. The early concrete strength can be increased by more than 50%, and the 28-day strength can be increased by more than 30%. It is mainly suitable for high-volume fly ash concrete.
- Concrete has good workability. ven in the case of high slump, the concrete prepared with polycarboxylic acid superplasticizer will not have obvious segregation and bleeding, and the appearance of the concrete is consistent in color. It is extremely beneficial for the preparation of high-fluidity concrete, self-leveling concrete, self-compacting concrete, and fair-faced concrete. The concrete mixed with PCE chemical has good durability. It is superior to ordinary water reducing agents in terms of filling, stability, pumpability, strength and compactness, sulfate corrosion resistance, alkali resistance, aggregate reactivity, frost resistance, shrinkage resistance and creep resistance.
- Good compatibility with different types of cement and admixtures.
- Good stability. There is no precipitation at low temperature.
- Green and environmentally friendly products. The alkali content, chloride ion content, sodium sulfate content, and formaldehyde content are all very low, and there is no pollution to the natural environment during the production process.
- The use of polycarboxylate water-reducing agents can replace cement with more slag or fly ash, thereby reducing costs.
Polycarboxylate Based Superplasticizer Uses
- Suitable for precast and cast-in-place concrete, reinforced concrete and prestressed concrete for high-speed railways, passenger dedicated lines, industrial and civil buildings, roads, bridges, ports, airports, etc.
- It is especially suitable for projects that require a long construction time for preparing concrete and high requirements for maintaining concrete slump, such as nuclear power projects.
- PCE chemical is a high-performance polycarboxylate superplasticizer powderspecially used in high-aluminum and sulphur-aluminum cement systems. It is a white water-soluble powder, which has very excellent dispersing ability, can significantly improve the fluidity of cement-based materials, endow the material with excellent workability and high mechanical strength. It also has a very fast plasticizing speed. After being mixed with water, it can quickly play a role, significantly improving construction efficiency and meeting different construction requirements.
- Polycarboxylate based superplasticizer can be compounded with various admixtures to form a multifunctional admixture, such as pumping agent, early strength agent, impermeable waterproofing agent, retarder, etc.
- Polycarboxylate superplasticizer powderhas excellent adaptability, especially suitable for sulphur-aluminum, high-aluminum and gypsum systems. It can be widely used in various products systems such as dry mortar and concrete, and is especially suitable for the preparation of various high-end value-type mortar products and concrete products, such as surface self-leveling mortar, bearing mortar, etc.
- Before use, a trial mix test of concrete should be carried out to find the best mixing amount. The mixing amount of polycarboxylate ether superplasticizer it 0.4%-2.5% of the total weight of the gelling material, and the usual mixing amount is 0.8%-1.5%.
- When using polycarboxylic acid superplasticizer, it can be directly mixed in the form of original solution, or it can be formulated into a certain concentration solution for use.
- As the water reduction rate of concrete mixed with polycarboxylate ether superplasticizeris relatively large, the slump is highly sensitive to water consumption, and water consumption must be strictly controlled during use.
- Polycarboxylic acid superplasticizer has good adaptability to most cements, but for individual cements, the water reduction rate may be low and the slump loss may be large.In addition, the fineness and storage time of cement may also affect the use effect of polycarboxylate superplasticizer. So it is recommended to appropriately increase the dosage or compound other retarding components to solve this problem.
- Polycarboxylate ether powdercan’t be mixed with naphthalene superplasticizers. So when using PCE superplasticizer, the mixers and mixer trucks that have used naphthalene superplasticizers must be rinsed or they may lose water reduction effect.
Polycarboxylate concrete admixtures is not a stereotyped product, but a series of products with a certain commonality. Due to the different molecular structure, the degree of improvement on the performance of commercial concrete is slightly different.
According to the different raw materials used in the main chain, it is divided into acrylic acid, methacrylic acid series and maleic anhydride, maleic acid series, etc.
According to the different types of active monomers and other raw materials used, it can be divided into binary and ternary copolymers.
According to the different nature of surfactants, it can be divided into non-ionic water-reducing agent and anionic water-reducing agent.
According to different purposes, it is divided into: pre-mixed high-fluidity commercial concrete and pre-cast commercial concrete products.
why Choose Our Company
- More than 15 years of export experience. We can make the business become professional & simple & easy.
- Quality guaranteed. ISO/BV/SGS can ensure the qualified products and traceability.
- Excellent Service. Our sales Managers can customize the order for your specific market..
- Timely Response. All the feedback from customers will be treated seriously and promptly. Purchase high-performance superplasticizer from reliable polycarboxylate superplasticizer supplier – Chemate. Inquiry us for the best price now.