Polyacrylamide PAM Powder
- CAS NO.： 9003-05-8
- HS Code: 39069010
- Appearance: White powder
- Ionic Type: Anionic, Cationic, Nonionic
- Package: Net 25kg / paper bag with inner plastic bag
- Description: According to ionic characteristics, it can be divided into four types, non-ionic polyacrylamide NPAM, anionic polyacrylamide APAM, cationic polyacrylamide CPAM and amphoteric polyacrylamide. At present, the PAM water treatment is generally anionic type. That is, adding an appropriate amount of sodium hydroxide to hydrolyze, so that part of the amide group becomes carboxyl, and the degree of hydrolysis is proportional to the amount of sodium hydroxide added. Inquiry us for the best Polyacrylamide Price now
Technical Specifications of Polyacrylamide for Sale in Our Company
|Solid Content ,(%)||≥90||≥90||≥89|
|Molecular Weight, (million)||18~22 million||8~12 million||3-10 million|
|Hydrolyzing degree ,(%)||10~30||/||/|
|Effective pH value||7.0~14.0||1.0~14.0||1.0~8.0|
|Packing||Net 25kg / paper bag with inner plastic bag|
What Are Main Role of Polyacrylamide for water treatment
- Reduce the amount of flocculant. Under the premise of achieving the same water quality, the use of polyacrylamide as a coagulant aid in combination with other flocculants can greatly reduce the amount of flocculant used.
- Improve water quality. In drinking water treatment and industrial wastewater treatment, the combined use of polyacrylamide and inorganic flocculants can significantly improve water quality.
- Improve the strength and settling speed of flocs. The flocs formed by polyacrylamide have high strength and good settling performance, thereby increasing the speed of solid-liquid separation and benefiting sludge dewatering.
- Anti-corrosion and anti-scaling of circulating cooling system.The use of PAM flocculant can greatly reduce the amount of inorganic flocculants, thereby avoiding the deposition of inorganic substances on the surface of the equipment, slowing down the corrosion and scaling of the equipment.
Polyacrylamide(PAM) is a water-soluble linear high-molecular polymer formed by the polymerization of acrylamide monomers initiated by free radicals. At the same time, it is also a kind of polymer water treatment flocculant. It can absorb suspended particles in the water and act as a bridge between the particles, so that the fine particles form relatively large flocs, and accelerate the speed of precipitation.
In raw water treatment, it is usually in conjunction with activated carbon. In living water treatment, use of it can coagulate and clarify suspended particles. Using organic polyacrylamide flocculant instead of inorganic flocculant, even don’t modify the sedimentation tank, it can increase water purification capacity by more than 20%. In sewage treatment, the use of PAM flocculant can increase the utilization rate of water recycling and can also be used for sludge dewatering. In industrial water treatment, it is an important formulation agent.
PAM polymer is a kind of multifunctional oilfield chemical treatment agent. It is widely used in the process of drilling, cementing, completion, workover, fracturing, acidification, water injection, water plugging and profile control, and tertiary oil recovery operations in oil production. Its aqueous solution has high viscosity, good thickening, flocculation and rheological adjustment, so it is as oil displacing agent and drilling mud regulator in petroleum exploitation. Adding polyacrylamide to tertiary oil recovery operations can increase the oil displacement capacity, avoid the breakdown of the oil layer, and increase the oil bed recovery rate.
Polyacrylamide is widely used as retention aid, filter aid, leveling agent in the papermaking field to improve paper quality, slurry dewatering performance, retention rate of fine fibers and fillers, and reduce raw material consumption and environmental pollution. The mechanism of PAM is that the particles in the slurry can be retained on the filter cloth by electric neutralization or bridging and flocculation. In addition, the formation of flocs can also make the water in the slurry easier to filter out, reduce the loss of fibers in the white water, reduce environmental pollution, and help improve the efficiency of filtration and sedimentation equipment.
According to the relative molecular weight and electrical properties of polyacrylamide, PAM has different uses. Anionic polyacrylamide can be used as a pulp dispersant. Low molecular weight PAM can be used as a paper strengthening agent. Medium molecular weight polyacrylamide PAM is used as a retention and drainage aid. And high molecular weight polyacrylamide is used as a flocculant in the treatment of papermaking wastewater. At present, anionic PAM is most used in the paper industry.
In food industry, it is used for cane juice clarification and syrup phosphorus floatation extraction in the production of cane sugar and beet sugar. Used in the flocculation and clarification industry of enzyme fermentation broth. Also used for the recovery of feed protein, the recovered protein powder has no adverse effects on the survival rate, weight gain, and egg production of chickens.
Used as flocculant and filter aid in the production of mining and metallurgy industry.
Used as spinning sizing agent and fabric finishing agent in textile printing and dyeing industry.
In the construction industry, it is used as a decorative adhesive, cement additive, underwater grouting material, etc.
In agriculture and forestry, it can be used to prevent soil erosion, as a water-retaining agent, etc.
It can also be used in synthetic resin coatings, civil construction grouting materials for water shutoff, building materials industry, cement quality improvement, construction industry adhesives, joint repair and water shutoff agents, soil improvement, electroplating industry, printing and dyeing industry, etc.
Know More About PAM Chemical
Polyacrylamide PAM, with the chemical formula of (C3H5NO)n, is a linear polymer. Polyacrylamide polymer has good thermal stability, can be dissolved in water in any proportion. And the aqueous solution is a uniform and transparent liquid. PAM is one of the most widely used water-soluble polymers. Because the polyacrylamide structural unit contains amide groups, which is easy to form hydrogen bonds, so that it has good water solubility and high chemical activity. What’s more, polyacrylamide PAM has a wide range of applications in petroleum exploration, water treatment, textiles, papermaking, mineral processing, medicine, agriculture and other industrial fields.
Cationic Polyacrylamide. In general, CPAM is white powder in appearance with an ionic degree ranging from 20% to 55%. It has the characteristics of high polymer electrolyte and is suitable for the treatment of wastewater with negative charge and rich in organic matter. Cationic PAM is suitable for the treatment of wastewater with high organic colloid content in industries, such as dyeing, papermaking, food, construction, metallurgy, beneficiation, coal powder, oil field, aquatic product processing and fermentation industrial fields. It is especially suitable for the dewatering treatment of municipal sewage, papermaking sludge and other industrial sludge.
Amphoteric Polyacrylamide. APAM is formed by hydrolysis and copolymerization of vinyl amide and vinyl cationic monomer acrylamide monomer. It is an irregular zwitterionic polymer with both positive and negative charges on the molecular chain.
Non-ionic Polyacrylamide. NPAM is a linear polymer with high molecular weight and low ionicity. Because of its special group, it has the functions of flocculation, dispersion, thickening, bonding, film formation, gelation, and colloid stabilization. In sewage treatment, especially when the suspended sewage is acidic, using NPAM is more suitable. At this time, PAM plays a role of adsorption and bridging, flocculation and sedimentation of suspended particles, to achieve the purpose of purifying sewage. Non-ionic polyacrylamide can also be used for the purification of tap water. Especially when in conjunction with inorganic flocculants, it has the best effect in water treatment.
- Flocculation. PAM can neutralize suspended matter through electricity, bridging and adsorption, and play a role of flocculation.
- Adhesiveness. It can play the role of adhesion through mechanical, physical and chemical action.
- Resistance reduction. PAM polymer can effectively reduce the frictional resistance of the fluid. Adding a small amount of PAM in the water can reduce the resistance by 50%-80%.
- Thickening. Polyacrylamide chemical has a thickening effect under neutral and acid conditions. When the PH value is above 10, PAM is easily hydrolyzed. When it has a semi-net structure, the thickening will be more obvious.
- Don’t add PAM powder/granular flocculant to sewage directly. Please dissolve it in water before use, and then its aqueous solution is used for sewage treatment.
- Use clean water to dissolve polyacrylamide granules/powder. Water at room temperature is sufficient, and generally does not need to be heated. It dissolves very slowly when the water temperature is lower than 5℃. Increasing the water temperature will speed up the dissolution rate, but the PAM polymer will be degraded faster if the temperature is above 40℃, which will affect the use effect. Generally, tap water is suitable for preparing polymer solutions. Strong acid, strong alkali, and high salt water are not suitable.
- The concentration of the polymer solution is recommended to be 0.1%-0.3%, that is, add 1g-3g PAM polymer powder to 1 liter of water.
The appearance of APAM is white powder with a molecular weight ranging from 6 million to 25 million. With good water solubility, it can dissolve in water in any proportion, but is insoluble in organic solvents. Meanwhile, the effective PH value ranges from 4 to 14. It exhibits the characteristics of a high polymer electrolyte in a neutral alkaline medium. It is sensitive to salt electrolytes, and can cross-link with high-valent metal ions to form an insoluble gel.
In terms of industrial wastewater treatment, anionic PAM has the best effect in the treatment of sewage with high concentration suspended particles and positively charged particles, sewage with neutral or alkaline PH of water, wastewater from iron and steel plants, wastewater from electroplating plants, metallurgical wastewater, coal washing wastewater, etc.
Adding APAM can flocculate and precipitate the starch particles, and then filter the precipitate by a filter press into cake, which can be used as feed.
The alcohol in the alcohol plant can also be dehydrated by anionic PAM.
Used for river cement slurry settlement, dry strength agent for papermaking.
About Our Company
- Rich production and export experience. More than 15+ years of experience in the water treatment chemical industry.
- Quality certification. ISO9001, SGS, HACCP, KOSHER, HALAL, etc.
- Excellent service. We always try our best to provide high-quality products and first-class service for all the clients.
- Competitive price. With no the third party, you can get the best factory price from us. Inquiry us to get the best polyacrylamide price now.