High density polyethylene HDPE film grade is generally used in the production of films that require superior stretchability and excellent barrier properties. HDPE film is commonly used in merchandise bags, grocery bags and food packaging. In addition, high density polyethylene is easy to reprocess and has minimal degradation characteristics. So HDPE film grade has a large number of applications in the packaging industry.
Brands We Supply
Models of HDPE Film Grade for Sale in Chemate
Excellent Performance of HDPE Film
- Film grade high density polyethylene can be used in a wide temperature range. HDPE film can be used not only for frozen food packaging, but also for packaging bags that need to withstand boiling sterilization.
- Has high mechanical strength. HDPE film is the strongest among polyethylene packaging films, and its tensile strength can reach more than twice that of LDPE packaging films. Therefore, the use of HDPE as packaging film can reduce the thickness, thereby reducing unit consumption and cost.
- It has excellent moisture resistance and good oil resistance. HDPE film is the best water-based variety among commonly used packaging films. Although its oil resistance is not as good as barrier films such as nylon, it is the best variety among polyethylene films.
- It is a very tough film with high elongation, tear strength and impact strength.
- Excellent water resistance, moisture resistance and chemical resistance.
- Light weight, but heavier than LDPE and LLDPE.
- In the case of low temperature, it shows quite strong rigidity.
- Good heat resistance and better thermal stability than LDPE.
- Generally, as the density increases, the mechanical properties increase, but the impact strength decreases instead. In addition, the oxygen permeability, odor, and organic solvent vapor permeability are reduced, and the stress cracking resistance is improved, which is very beneficial to packaging materials. Conversely, transparency deteriorates, elongation and impact strength decrease, molding processability deteriorates, and heat sealability also deteriorates.
- The transparency of HDPE packaging film is significantly lower than that of LDPE packaging film. Due to the poor transparency of HDPE packaging film, it affects its application in many packaging fields. However, when the film is required to have light-shielding properties, less light-shielding agent can be added to the HDPE film to obtain a translucent or opaque film.
- HDPE packaging film has better rigidity and poor flexibility. Due to the poor flexibility, the thickness of the film is limited, and the maximum thickness of HDPE packaging film is 0.10mm.
- Poor UV resistance.
- Adhesives have poor adhesion.