Oxalic Acid Description
Oxalic acid with the molecular formula of H2C2O4, also known the name of ethanedioic acid is a white, water-soluble poisonous crystalline acid, which can be found in many plants. It is a white crystalline solid that can form colorless solution in water. Its conjugate base, known as oxalate, is a chemating agent for metal ions. Oxalates are found throughout the nature, often in plants as oxalates, calcium oxalate is found in almost all plants. Oxalic acid is widely used in construction and industrial cleaning, sewage treatment, phsrmaceuticals, rare earths, fine chemicals, daily chemicals, textile printing and dyeing industry and many other industries. Contact us to purchase oxalic acid for sale in Chemate now.
Technical Specifications of Oxalic Acid for Sale
|sulphate group % ≤||0.08|
|incinerated residue (850℃) % ≤||0.08|
|heavy metal (Pb) % ≤||0.0005|
|Iron content % ≤||0.0005|
|chlorides % ≤||0.0005|
|calcium % ≤||0.0005|
Uses of Oxalic Acid
- In cleaning industry. Oxalic acid is used as a reducing agent and bleaching agent, which can be used for the cleaning and processing of ceramic products, floor tiles, metal and marble surfaces, as well as the bleaching of texiles.
- In the fine chemical industry. Industrial oxalic acid can be further processed into high-purity and electronic grade refined oxalic acid, oxalate and other fine chemical products. Used in lithium battery cathode materials, cobalt salts, electronic ceramics, magnetic materials, alloy powder materials, PTA catalyst recovery and other new energy, new materials, energy conservation and environmental protection fields.
- In the organic synthesis industry. Ethanedioic acid is used in the production of hydroquinone, pentaerythritol, cobalt oxalate, nickel oxalate, gallic acid and other chemical products, as well as the production of pure dextrin and glucose by starch hydrolysis.
Oxalic acid for sale in Chemate can be used in the production of chlortetracycline, circin, oxytetracycline, tetracycline, streptomycin, borneol, vitamin B12, phenobarbital and other drugs.
It is used in the production of polyvinyl chloride, amino plastic, urea-formaldehyde plastic, paint flakes, etc…
Oxalic acid can be replace acetic acid and used as a color-developing auxiliary and bleaching agent for pigments and dyes. It is also used as a dye reducing agent, to produce salt-based green products.
Ethanedioic acid is used in the production of cobalt-molybdenum-aluminum catalysts, solvents for extracting rare metals, the precipitation, separation and extraction of high-end rare earth metals such as lanthanum and europium.
Oxalic acid is used for rust removal, bleaching and descaling in leather, wood, aluminum products, marble polishing, etc…
Oxalaic acid is used in the preparation of ceramic capacitor raw materials and the preparation of cleaning liquid for electronic equipment.
Oxalic acid is used as a refined preparation of terpineol, glycerin and stearate. In addition, ethanedioic acid is also used in the film processing of aluminum alloys, the manufacturer of cemented carbides, alloy cutter heads, as well as steel and soil analysis reagents.
Know More About Oxalic Acid for Sale in Chemate
Oxalic Acid Manufacturer & Supplier Chemate
- Rich production experiences. We have been focusing on the production of chemical products for many years and have formed a product chain with many varieties, large scale, complete categories, high degree of refinement, high added value and technical content.
- Advanced production equipment and technology, as well as highly specialized technical team.
- High quality products with reasonable and competitive price, as well as the excellent service.
- Oxalic acid for sale in our company with high quality and competitive price will be your best choice. Inquiy us for the quotation now.
- Oxalic acid is a colorless columnar crystal, soluble in water but insoluble in organic solvents such as, ether.
- Oxalate has a strong coordination effect and is another type of metal chelating agent in plant-derived foods. When oxalic acid is combined with some alkaline earth metal elements, its solubility is greatly reduced. For example, calcium oxalate is almost insoluble in water. Therefore, the presence of oxalic acid has a great influence on the bioavailability of essential minerals. When oxalic acid is combined with some transition metal elements, due to the coordination effect of oxalic acid, a soluble complex is formed and its solubility is greatly increased.
- Oxalic acid begins to sublime at 100℃, rapidly sublimates at 125℃, sublimates in large quantities at 157℃ and begins to decompose.
- Ethanedioic acid can react with bases, and undergo esterification, acid halide and amidation reactions. A reduction reaction can also occur, and a decarboxylation reaction occur when heated. Anhydrous oxilic acid has hygroscopic properties.
- Oxalic acid acidity. Ethanedioic acid is a strong acid, which is 100,000 times stronger than acetic acid. It has the general properties of acid, can neutralize with alkali, can change color of the indicator and release carbon dioxide by reacting with carbonate.
- Oxalate has strong redox properties, and can easily be oxidized to carbon dioxide and water when interacting with oxidants. It can discolor the acid potassium permanganate solution and reduce it to divalent manganese ions. Ethanedioic acid can also wash away ink stains on the cloth stips.
- Oxalic acid will decompose into carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide and water at 189.5℃ or in the presence of concentrated sulfuric acid.
- Oxalate is poisonous, which is irritating and corrosive to the skin and mucous membranes, and is easily absorbed through the epidermis and mucous membranes to cause poisoning. The maximum allowable concentration in the air is 1mg/m³.
Industrial production methods mainly include sodium formate method, oxidation method, carbonyl synthesis method, glycol oxidation method, propylene oxidation method, carbon monoxide coupling method.
Sodium formate method
After carbon monoxide is purified, it reacts with sodium hydroxide under pressure to generate sodium formate, which is then dehydrogenated at high temperature to generate sodium oxalate. The sodium oxalate is then leaded(or calcified), acidified, crystallized, dehydrated to dry and other processes to get finished oxalic acid.
Using starch or glucose liquor as raw material, in the presence of alum catalyst, oxalic acid is obtained by oxidation reaction with nitric acid and sulfuric acid. The nitrogen oxides in the exhaust gas are sent to the absorption tower to be recovered to generate dilute nitric acid.
Carbonyl Synthesis Method
Carbon monoxide is purified to more than 90%, and it undergoes a carbonylation reaction with butanol in the presence of a palladium catalyst to generate dibutyl oxalate, and then obtain oxalic acid through hydrolysis. This method is divided into liquid phase method and gas phase method.
Ethylene glycol oxidation Method
Using ethylene glycol as raw material, it is obtained by oxidation with air in the presence of nitric acid and sulfuric acid.
Propylene oxidation method
The oxidation process is carried out in two steps. The first step is oxidation with nitric acid to convert propylene into α-nitro lactic acid, then further catalytic oxidation to obtain oxalic acid. The second step can also use mixed acid as the oxidant.