Oxalic Acid 99.9%
- CAS NO.： 144-62-7
- HS Code: 29171110
- MF: H2C2O4
- Purity: ≥99.6%
- Appearance: White powder
- Package: 25kg bag, ton jumbo bag.
- Contact us to purchase oxalic acid for sale in Chemate now.
Technical Specifications of Oxalic Acid for Sale
|sulphate group % ≤||0.08|
|incinerated residue (850℃) % ≤||0.08|
|heavy metal (Pb) % ≤||0.0005|
|Iron content % ≤||0.0005|
|chlorides % ≤||0.0005|
|calcium % ≤||0.0005|
What Are Uses of Oxalic Acid
- In cleaning industry. As a reducing agent and bleaching agent, oxalic acid is suitable for the cleaning and processing of ceramic products, floor tiles, metal and marble surfaces, as well as the bleaching of texiles.
- In the fine chemical industry. Industrial oxalic acid can be further processed into high-purity and electronic grade refined oxalic acid, oxalate and other fine chemical products. Also used in lithium battery cathode materials, cobalt salts, electronic ceramics, magnetic materials, alloy powder materials, PTA catalyst recovery and other new energy, new materials, energy conservation and environmental protection fields.
- In the organic synthesis industry. Ethanedioic acid is used in the production of hydroquinone, pentaerythritol, cobalt oxalate, nickel oxalate, gallic acid and other chemical products, as well as the production of pure dextrin and glucose by starch hydrolysis.
Oxalic acid for sale in Chemate can be used in the production of chlortetracycline, circin, oxytetracycline, tetracycline, streptomycin, borneol, vitamin B12, phenobarbital and other drugs.
Used in the production of polyvinyl chloride, amino plastic, urea-formaldehyde plastic, paint flakes, etc…
Oxalic acid can replace acetic acid and used as a color-developing auxiliary and bleaching agent for pigments and dyes. It is also used as a dye reducing agent, to produce salt-based green products.
Ethanedioic acid is the useful material in the production of cobalt-molybdenum-aluminum catalysts, solvents for extracting rare metals, the precipitation, separation and extraction of high-end rare earth metals such as lanthanum and europium.
Oxalic acid is suitable for rust removal, bleaching and descaling in leather, wood, aluminum products, marble polishing, etc…
Used in the preparation of ceramic capacitor raw materials and the preparation of cleaning liquid for electronic equipment.
Oxalic acid is used as a refined preparation of terpineol, glycerin and stearate. In addition, ethanedioic acid is also useful chemical in the film processing of aluminum alloys, the manufacturer of cemented carbides, alloy cutter heads, as well as steel and soil analysis reagents.
Know More About Oxalic Acid
Oxalic acid with the molecular formula of H2C2O4, also known the name of ethanedioic acid, is a white, water-soluble poisonous crystalline acid, which can be found in many plants. It is a white crystalline solid that can form colorless solution in water. Its conjugate base, known as oxalate, is a chemating agent for metal ions. Oxalates are found throughout the nature, often in plants as oxalates, calcium oxalate is found in almost all plants. Oxalic acid is widely used in construction and industrial cleaning, sewage treatment, phsrmaceuticals, rare earths, fine chemicals, daily chemicals, textile printing and dyeing industry and many other industries.
- Oxalic acid is a colorless columnar crystal, soluble in water but insoluble in organic solvents such as, ether.
- Oxalate has a strong coordination effect and is another type of metal chelating agent in plant-derived foods. When combine oxalic acid with some alkaline earth metal elements, it will reduce its solubility greatly. For example, calcium oxalate is almost insoluble in water. Therefore, the presence of oxalic acid has a great influence on the bioavailability of essential minerals. When combine oxalic acid with some transition metal elements, it will form a soluble complex and increase its solubility greatly due to the coordination effect of oxalic acid.
- Oxalic acid begins to sublime at 100℃, rapidly sublimates at 125℃, sublimates in large quantities at 157℃ and begins to decompose.
- Ethanedioic acid can react with bases, undergo esterification, acid halide and amidation reactions. Then a reduction reaction can also occur, and a decarboxylation reaction occur when heated. Anhydrous oxilic acid has hygroscopic properties.
- Oxalic acid acidity. Ethanedioic acid is a strong acid, which is 100,000 times stronger than acetic acid. It has the general properties of acid. For example, it can neutralize with alkali, change color of the indicator.
- Oxalate has strong redox properties. Meanwhile, it can easily be oxidized to carbon dioxide and water when interacting with oxidants. It can discolor the acid potassium permanganate solution and reduce it to divalent manganese ions. Ethanedioic acid can also wash away ink stains on the cloth stips.
- Oxalic acid will decompose into carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide and water at 189.5℃ or in the presence of concentrated sulfuric acid.
- Oxalate is poisonous. It is irritating and corrosive to the skin and mucous membranes, and is easily absorbed through the epidermis and mucous membranes to cause poisoning.
Industrial production methods mainly include sodium formate method, oxidation method, carbonyl synthesis method, glycol oxidation method, propylene oxidation method, carbon monoxide coupling method.
Sodium formate method
After purifying carbon monoxide, it reacts with sodium hydroxide under pressure to generate sodium formate. And then dehydrogenate sodium formate at high temperature to generate sodium oxalate. Then lead(or calcify), acidify, crystalize, dehydrate the sodium oxalate to dry and other processes to get finished oxalic acid.
Using starch or glucose liquor as raw material, in the presence of alum catalyst, oxalic acid is obtained by oxidation reaction with nitric acid and sulfuric acid. Send the nitrogen oxides in the exhaust gas to the absorption tower to be recovered and then generate dilute nitric acid.
Carbonyl Synthesis Method
Purify carbon monoxide to more than 90% first. And it undergoes a carbonylation reaction with butanol in the presence of a palladium catalyst to generate dibutyl oxalate, and then obtain oxalic acid through hydrolysis. This method is divided into liquid phase method and gas phase method.
Ethylene glycol oxidation Method
Using ethylene glycol as raw material, it is obtained by oxidation with air in the presence of nitric acid and sulfuric acid.
Propylene oxidation method
The oxidation process contains two steps. The first step is oxidation with nitric acid to convert propylene into α-nitro lactic acid, then further catalytic oxidation to obtain oxalic acid. The second step can also use mixed acid as the oxidant.
Oxalic Acid Manufacturer & Supplier Chemate
- Rich production experiences. We have been focusing on the production of chemical products for many years and have formed a product chain with many varieties, large scale, complete categories, high degree of refinement, high added value and technical content.
- Advanced production equipment and technology, as well as highly specialized technical team.
- High quality products with reasonable and competitive price, as well as the excellent service.
- Oxalic acid for sale in our company with high quality and competitive price will be your best choice. Inquiy us for the quotation now.