What Is Yellow Iron Oxide
Yellow iron oxide is a crystal iron oxide hydrate, which can have various forms under different production methods, preparation conditions and different degrees of hydration. The crystal structure and physical form are also very different, and the color can range from lemon yellow to orange yellow. It has good coloring power, hiding power, light resistance, acid rsistance, alkali resistance and heat resistance. When the temperature is above 150℃, crystal water will be decomposed. During reheating, most of the ferric oxide yellow will dehydrate and gradually turn into red iron oxide when the temperature is above 400℃. Check more about the iron oxide yellow. Inquiry us below to get the best quotation now.
|Item||Unit||Index Value||Test Method|
|Res.on 325 mesh||%||≤0.3||ISO787-7|
|Water soluble salts||%||≤0.3||ISO787-3|
|Particle size BET||µm||0.1x0.4||Eletron Micrographs|
|Tinting Strength(Compared with Standard)||%||95-105||ISO787-24|
|Color Difference ΔE (Compared with Standard)||≤1.0||ISO787-1|
Dilute Color（TiO2: yellow iron oxide=5:1）
Iron Oxide Yellow 310
313 Iron Oxide Yellow
Iron Oxide Yellow 920
The preparation of iron oxide yellow must first go through the seed crystal preparation stage. The quality of seed crystals affects the color and particle size of the powder. The main influencing factors in the seed crystal preparation stage are the temperature, PH value and air flow rate of the reaction liquid. After the seed crystal is prepared, it enters the seed crystal of growth stage. The main influencing factors st this stage are the number of species, FeSO4 concentration, reaction liquid temperature, alkali ratio, air flow, etc... Then it needs to be dried and crushed. A certain amount of surface agent can be added in the reaction or dry crushing stage to make yellow iron oxide particles fine and homogeneous. When the surface treatment is carried out in the reaction stage, higher temperature, good stirring and weak acid medium are beneficial to improve the surface treatment effect.
What Are Performances And Uses of Yellow Iron Oxide Pigment
- Used as pigments or colorants in various types of concrete prefabricated parts and building product materials, which can be directly mixed into concrete for application. Used for the coloration of various indoor and outdoor colored concrete surfaces, such as, walls, floors, ceilings, pillars, porches, pavements, parking lots, stairs, stations, etc… Various architectural ceramics and glazed ceramics, such as, facing tiles, floor tiles, roof tiles, panels, terrazzo, mosaic tiles, artificial marble, etc…
- Iron oxide yellow pigment is suitable for various paint coloring and protective substances, including water-based interior and exterior wall paints, powder coatings, etc… It can also be applied to various primers and topcoats, such as, oxygen-based, alkyd, amino, etc., as well as toy paint, decorative paint, furniture paint, electrophoretic paint and magnetic paint.
- Suitable for the coloring of plastic products, such as, thermosetting plastics and thermoplastics, as well as the coloring of rubber products, such as, automobile inner tubes, aircraft inner tubes and bicycle inner tubes.
- Widely used in the coloring of artificial marble and terrazzo in the construction industry.
- It is a pigment for watercolor, oil paint, paint, rubber, etc…
- Used as an intermediate for iron oxide pigments, such as, iron oxide red and black iron oxide.
- Can also be used for coloring of various cosmetics, paper and leather.
Factors Affecting The Quality of Yellow Iron Oxide Pigment
- Temperature. For that it can affect the presence of water in iron oxide yellow. If the temperature is low, the amount of water content will be too much, and the color will become dark. If the temperature is too high, moisture will evaporate and become less, the color will be orange.
- Particle size. The size of the particles is the key factor restricting the transparency. To obtain a thin, uniform spindle-shaped transparent yellow iron oxide, the finished products should be observed after standing, and then reacted.
Package and storage: Packed in woven bag lined with polyethylene plastic bag or multi-layer kraft paper bag. The net weight is usually 25kg per bag. Store in a ventilated, dry warehouse. The packaging should be sealed and protected from moisture. Avoid high temperature and store away from acid and alkali.
- In an alkaline environment, there will be no reaction. The most common use of this product is in cement. No matter what concentration of alkaline environment it is placed in, the cement is still very stable.
- In general, ferric oxide yellow has certain acid resistance. If the concentration of acid in the liquid isn’t high, complete dissolution can be achieved within a certain time.
- The pigment powder isn’t affected by sunlight. Even under the hot sun, it won’t change in color or deteriorate.
- Yellow iron oxide remains very stable under a certain temperature and won’t change in color. But beyond a certain range, the trend will accelerate.