About three-quarters of all PVC resin produced is used in construction applications. Due to its high resistance to moisture and abrasion, it is ideal for coatings, windows, ceilings, fences, decks, wall coverings and floors. PVC material is not as corrosive as other building materials, it doesn’t require frequent painting and can be cleaned directly with cleaning products.
Used in doors and windows
PVC resin is used to produce extremely durable and affordable window siding and window frames. Actually, PVC windows are three times more insulating than aluminium windows.
Wiring and cables
PVC material is able to withstand the harshest conditions behind building walls to extend the life of buildings. Therefore, it is one of the most commonly used and reliable materials in wire and cable.
Used in water pipes
PVC pipes have the advantages of being leak-free. These pipes are resistant to corrosion and are resistant to environmental pressure, can save energy and water.
Advantages of PVC Resin Used in Construction
- The PVC material is strong and lightweight. The wear resistance, light weight, good mechanical strength and toughness characteristics of PVC are its key technical application advantages in construction applications.
- The PVC material products are easy to install. PVC material can be cut, formed, welded, and easily added in a variety of color styles.
- Durable performance. PVC material is resistant to weathering, rot, chemical corrosion, impact and abrasion. Therefore, it is a series of materials different from other materials. It is long-life use, especially in outdoor.
- It can reduce costs effectively. As a material, it is very competitive in terms of price. This value also improves performance such as its durability, longevity and low maintenance.
- The adverse impact on the environment is lower. PVC material with good thermal insulation can help significantly improve the energy efficiency of buildings. During the production process, PVC products require less energy and resource use, and can be converted to manufacturer finished products. So there are fewer emissions. In terms of low greenhouse gas emissions, resource and energy protection, PVC material is very effective in environmental protection.
- Polyvinyl chloride resin is a non-toxic inert polymer.